All of us have been driving down the road and had our check engine light comes on. First thing we do is start panicking about what is wrong and what is it going to cost. Then comes the who do I take my vehicle too and we keep driving hoping the light we go off. With the OBD2 scanner automotive engine tool we can breathe a sigh of relief. This handy little tool will tell us what is going on before we make a trip to the mechanic. Sometimes its a simple fix a DIY handy person can handle with themselves saving a lot of money and time.
The OBD2 scanner automotive engine tool is a small compact tool that you might even want to keep in your vehicle for a quick diagnosis. At 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ x 29″ (total length) and weighing less than a pound anyone can use this tool. Also, with the brightly lit colored coded LED screen it is easy to read. The LED scree is about 2 inches, but still large enough for those with bifocals to see with out issues. Also, there is a built in speaker that gives both visual and audible tones.
Another thing that most users will like is that this scanning tool works on all 1996 and newer vehicles. This includes domestic and imports. The OBD2 scanner automotive engine tool also provides users with a one click I/M readiness key which gives a quick readable scan. Also, this scanner is set up for multilingual providing both menu and DTC definitions the language you need. This feature is unique to most scanners.
The cable length is adequate and makes using the tool comfortable. Also, the manual has a good break down of the DTC codes. As well as a troubleshooting section for scanner issues. Easy to read on to use, perform OBDII diagnostic tests and actual codes for you vehicle. Also, how to read the codes, clear codes and some emissions information.
Overall, I found this OBD2 scanner automotive engine tool to be simple to use. It literally takes minutes to set up. When you have determined a emission fault code this scanner records the findings in a freeze frame with the data. Which is very useful to identifying any issues your vehicle is experiencing. Also, having the color coding allows for a quick determination of issues. Green light means no issues, yellow means possible problems and red means means you have one of more issues in your vehicles system.
I do like the one click operation of this compact scanner. Also, this tool is a plug and go type scanner so it can be used anytime. I also was impressed to see that this scanner offers updates by downloading. The seller recommends selecting the bin file to update the operating system. Then after updating the bin file to choose the AUT file which will update the DTC library. However, you need to update both the bin file and DTC file or the scanner will not work properly.
One thing that surprised me the most was how detailed the user manual is. Most products today do not include a well written manual and if they do its a downloadable one. I like a book in my hand and this one did not disappoint me at all. I would recommend this product.
OBD2 Scanner Automotive Engine Tool Features
- Works on all 1996 and newer vehicles (OBD II & CAN)-domestic and import. Features the unique patented
- One-Click I/M Readiness Key for quick State Emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification.
- Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes.
- Bright color coded LEDs and built in speaker provide both visual and audible indication for readiness verification.
- Turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), clears codes and resets monitors.
- Easily determines the cause of the Malfunction Indicator Light( MIL).
- Views freeze frame data.
- Displays DTC definitions on the TFT color screen.
- Displays monitor and I/M readiness status (emissions).
- Reads live PCM datastream.
- Retrieves vehicle information(VIN, CIN and CVN).
- Multilingual menu and DTC definitions- English, Spanish and French, etc.
- Extremely easy to use and highly reliable.
- Internet update-able and upgrade-able.
Customers can find this product here: